By Gauranga Darshan Das
The Bhakti Shastri course has four Subjects that are taught in 6 modules as shown below along with the weightage of assessments for each book.
- Nectar of Instruction (Sri Upadesamrita)
- Sri Ishopanisad
- Nectar of Devotion (Sri Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu)
- Bhagavad Gita – Chapters 1-6 (BG1)
- Bhagavad Gita – Chapters 7-12 (BG2)
- Bhagavad Gita – Chapters 13-18 (BG3)
- Nectar of Instruction (NOI)
- Sri Isopanishad (ISO)
- Nectar of Devotion (NOD)
The students can do assessments of a module only after completing the assessments of the previous module. However, they can continue to attend the classes.
Duration: One year
- This includes course work & assessments
- Can be extended up to 6 months if some candidates need more time to complete assessments.
Platform: Classes are conducted on zoom every Saturday and Sunday
Dates: 8th Jan 2022 to 18th Dec 2022
Time: 4 to 5:30 pm IST
Eligibility to enroll:
- A sincere desire to study and understand scriptures
- Basic sastric knowledge and understanding
- The practice of Krishna consciousness for at least one year
- Chanting of 16 rounds & following 4 regulative principles
- A recommendation letter from an ISKCON Authority/ temple president who knows the candidate well.
Teacher: Gauranga Darshan Das (Author | Dean, BVRC)
- We encourage the participants to join the classes live on zoom. Recordings are also provided, if you are unable to join sometimes for some reason.
Weightage of Assessments for certification:
- Bhagavad Gita Chapters 1-6 - 20%
- Bhagavad Gita Chapters 7-12 - 20%
- Bhagavad Gita Chapters 13-18 - 20%
- Nectar of Instruction (NOI) - 10%
- Sri Isopanishad (ISO) - 10%
- Nectar of Devotion (NOI) - 20%
- In order to get the Bhakti Shastri degree from the ISKCON Board of Examinations, the candidate has to secure 65% in each of the six modules within one and half years from the time of registration.