by Gauranga Darshan Das
Thank You for your interest in the study of Srimad Bhagavatam, online with Bhaktivedanta Vidyapitha, based in ISKCON Govardhan Eco Village, Galtare, Wada, Palghar, Maharashtra.
Before signing up, kindly note the following IMPORTANT DETAILS:
The students who wish to pursue the Bhakti Vaibhava Certification, have to ensure that:
1) they have Bhakti Shastri certification
2) they have Harinam initiation
3) they can attend the weekly online live discussion on Saturdays, at 7:30 pm or at 2:00 pm IST
For studying Online, students are first required to have a local INVIGILATOR:
- A good standing ISKCON devotee who has some managerial position / known in ISKCON.
- He/She recommends the student for study and serves as a monitor / local supervisor on the progress and assessment of the student
- Responsible for physically monitoring the Closed Book Assessment, Presentation and Shloka Memorization Assessment
Responsible to submit all the Assessments to us, via email: [email protected]
Bhakti Vaibhava Online has four components (Canto1&2, Canto3, Canto4 and Canto5&6), each taking an approximate study and assessment period of 3 to 9 months.
- Currently, however, we are allowing students to study at their own pace.
- All study materials such as Audio, Question Bank, etc. are available online, for all to view - regardless if they want to do the assessments/certification.
- There will be teacher-student online interaction sessions at regular intervals. These online sessions will be of at least 100 hours duration during the course tenure. In these sessions, the teachers will give an overview of the chapters and answer students' questions. Dates will be communicated to the Bhakti Vaibhava aspirants at least one week in advance.
- The 4 components of the entire six Cantos are broken down into 10 modules.
- Module 1 (Canto 1, Chapters 1-9)
- Module 2 (Canto 1, Chapters 10-19)
- Module 3 (Canto 2)
- Module 4 (Canto 3, Chapters 1-14)
- Module 5 (Canto 3, Chapters 15-33)
- Module 6 (Canto 4, Chapters 1-14)
- Module 7 (Canto 4, Chapters 15-31)
- Module 8 (Canto 5)
- Module 9 (Canto 6, Chapters 1-9)
- Module 10 (Canto 6, Chapters 10-19)
After completing the payment, participants are requested to kindly update the details along with only one preferred batch (for attendance) & the email ID of the invigilator in the google spreadsheet below:
- Those who would like to join for weekly zoom meetings of other than their preferred batch, can join the WhatsApp group for that particular batch to receive the zoom session details:
Batch 1: 3.30 PM IST Every Sunday (Canto 5 going on)
Batch 2: 7.30 AM IST Every Saturday (Started Canto 1 on 27 Nov 2021)
Batch 3: 2.00 PM IST Every Saturday (Started Canto 1 on 27 Nov 2021)
- Participants can send the exam-related requests to [email protected]
- The admissions-related queries can be sent to [email protected]
STUDY FLOW - Modules and Assessments
There will be a closed book exam and an open book exam conducted for each of the 10 modules.
The duration of a closed book exam is 90 minutes.
- Total Cantos: 6
- Total Modules: 10
- Total Closed Book Exams: 10 (One for each module)
- Total Open Book Exams: 10 (One for each module)
- Total Shloka Exams: 6 (One for each canto)
- Total Presentations: 4 (One each on Cantos 1-2, 3, 4 & 5-6)
3 to 6 months for each of the following -
- Canto 1 & 2 (Module 1 to 3)
- Canto 3 (Module 4 & 5)
- Canto 4 (Module 6 & 7)
- Canto 5 and 6 (Module 8 to 10)
- The entire Bhaktivaibhav Course online would take a minimum of 12 months (1 year) and a maximum of 36 months (3 years) to complete.
- While sending a Closed-book exam request:
- keep invigilator in cc
state the exact ... date, day, time in IST
- state exact Module
- Preferably ask 3-4 days prior. We will confirm with a reply.
- We will send the exam paper to the invigilator a few minutes before the schedule of the exam. The invigilator has to take the exam in person for the candidate.
- Students can write the exams in any suitable way -
- Typed in a document
- In either case, the final submission file should be in PDF format.
- If answers are handwritten, take a picture using a scanning app (Kaagaz, Adobe scan, Camscanner, etc.), which generates a PDF file
- If it is typed in a word file, save & select the "export to PDF" option to generate a PDF file.
- The exam answer sheets that are sent to [email protected] will be assessed in 2 weeks' time.
Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 1 to 6 by HDG A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada
Bhagavata Ratnamala (Sloka Book) Canto 1-6 , Compiled by HG Gauranga Darshan Das
Additional non-compulsory Reference Material
Sarartha Darshini by Srila Vishvanatha Chakravarthy Thakur, English Translation by HH Bhanu Swami Maharaj
Bhagavata Subodhini (Study Guide) Canto 1 & 2, Canto 3, Canto 4 and Canto 5 & 6 by HG Gauranga Darshan Das
Registered students having completed all assessments and obtained a minimum 65% passing mark will obtain a Bhakti Vaibhava Certificate from the ISKCON Board of Examinations.
Other qualifications for Certification:-
1. Having a Bhakti Shastri degree from ISKCON
2. First Initiation (Harinam-Diksha) devotee in ISKCON