About the Bhaktivedanta Vidyapitha ‘OVERVIEW CHARTS of Srimad Bhagavatam’
These are the overview charts of all the 12 cantos of Srimad Bhagavatam, translated and commented by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. We have tried to present the flow of each canto within a flow chart spanning over one to four pages depending on the expanse of the canto. These charts may be used as quick reference to get the flow of the various chapters of each canto, while studying or while giving a presentation.
Our intention is to assist the readers of Srimad Bhagavatam in appreciating a full canto at a glance. This is an attempt made to serve the Vaisnava community, as a part of our study of Srimad Bhagavatham at Bhaktivedanta Vidyapitha.
We have tried to present the Bhagavatam without any deviation. But in case of any ambiguity, please refer to Srila Prabhupada’s Srimad Bhagavatham and Sarartha Darsini commentary by Srila Visvanatha Chakravarti Thakura, translated by HH Bhanu Swami. We hope that this attempt would be pleasing to all the Vaisnavas.
Features & Nomenclature of the Notes
- For a better understanding of the flow of the contents of Srimad Bhagavatam, we have included the following features in these charts
- Connections between different cantos
- Connections between different chapters of the individual cantos
- The predominant theme of each canto as given by Srila Prabhupada and Srila Viswanatha Chakravarthi Thakura [Sarartha Darshini tika translated by HH Bhanu Swami].
- The questions of the inquirers (Saunakadi rsis, Parikhit maharaja, Vidura etc) and the answers by the speakers (Suta Goswami, Sukadeva Goswami, Maitreya etc).
- The branches of a flow chart give various sections in a canto that provide an easy understanding of the flow of the chapter.
- The first chart compares the different cantos of Srimad Bhagavatam with the different limbs of Lord’s transcendental body.
- The Verse number of each verse is given in the format (SB) cc.ch.vr [cc → Canto number. ; ch → Chapter number. ; vr → Verse number]. It helps in locating the verse.
The following is a sample chart
The following is the list of charts we currently have
- Srimad Bhagavatam All 12 canots Overview charts – (i) in color for printing on flex / sunboard/ other display, (ii) in black and white for printing handouts.
- Disciplic succession from Srimad Bhagavatam – color
- Division of Vedas from Srimad Bhagavatam – color
- Conversations from Srimad Bhagavatam – color
Join us online to get access to the resources.