All the 64 chapters of Adi, Madhya and Antya lilas of Sri Caitanya Caritamrita, translated and commented by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada are divided into sections. Many chapters of Sri Caitanya Caritamrita written by Srila Krsnadas Kaviraja Goswami contain few hundred verses (100 to more than 300). We have divided each chapter in to short sections so that the reader may know the major sections/ pastimes presented in each chapter and appreciate the flow of the chapter at a glance. These sections may be used as quick reference to get the flow of the various chapters of each chapter of Sri Caitanya Caritamrita, while studying or while giving a presentation.
The following is a preview of the Chapter sections of the first chapter of Sri Caitanya Caritamrita.
Ādi 1: The Spiritual Masters
(Explanation of CC Adi 1.1-2)
- 1-4: Maṅgalācaraṇa (Invocation)
- 1-14: Brief description of CitanyaTattva (1-6), NityanandaTattva (7-11), AdvaitaTattva (12-13) & Panca-Tattva (14)
- 15-19: Obeisances to the three Deities of Vrindavana
- 20-22: Details of Maṅgalācaraṇa (Invocation)
- 23-29: Explanation of first 14 Verses (Break up of maṅgalācaraṇa)
- 30-31: KKG offers Obeisances& Requests the readers of CC
- 32-82: Explanation of Verse 1.1 – Six diversities’ of one truth (Kṛṣṇa, guru, bhakta, śakti, avatāra, prakāśa)
- 32-42: KKG offersobeisancestoall 6 manifestations of LordKṛṣṇa
- 43-60: Guru – AcaryaorSpiritual Master is non-differentfromKṛṣṇa
- 61-64: Glories of Lord’sPureDevotees
- 65-67: Avatāra– 3 categories of Lord’sIncarnations (aṁśa, guṇa&śaktyāveśa-avatāras)
- 68-78: Expansions / Manifestations of the SPG – 2 types (prakāśa&vilāsa)
- 79-80: Lord’sEneriesorŚakti’s– 3 kinds (lakṣmī-gaṇa, mahiṣī-gaṇa&gopī-gaṇa)
- 81-82: Lord’sBhaktas– personal associates, identical with Him.
- 83-104: Explanation of Verse 1.2 – The merciful nature of Lord Caitanya& Lord Nityananda (Kṛṣṇa&Balarāma)
- 105-110: Concluding words – Glories of Hearing about Panca-Tattva
The following is a sample chart
Join us online to get access to the resources.
This is an attempt made to serve the Vaisnava community, as a part of our study of Sri CaitanyaCaritamritaat BhaktivedantaVidyapitha. We have tried to present the Sri CaitanyaCaritamrtawithout any deviation. But in case of any ambiguity, please refer to SrilaPrabhupada’sCaitanyaCaritamrita. We hope that this attempt would be pleasing to all the Vaisnavas.