After the completion of every canto of Srimad Bhagavatam, the students are given assignments, which they need to execute in groups of 2 to 3 students (Refer “Study groups”).
The group makes a document / PPT on the topic assigned to them and makes a 10 minutes presentation on the same.
Some of the assignments from Canto 1 of Srimad Bhagavatam
- Lessons from the character of ‘Parikshit Maharaja’
- Glories of ‘Sravanam’ from Canto 1
- ‘Separation’ from the Lord (with examples of Bhumi, Yudhistira, Arjuna, Narada etc.)
Some of the assignments from Canto 10 of Srimad Bhagavatam
- 5 rasas from Krsna’s Vrindavan pastimes
- Glories of Vrindavan Dham from SB canto 10
- Analogies from SB Canto 10
- Krsna’s names and attributes from slokas of SB canto 10
- Demons of Vrindavan
Some of the assignments from Canto 11 of Srimad Bhagavatam
- (a) Summary (flow) of Uddhava Gita – connections, Uddhavji’s Questions and Lord’s Answers [Flow chart] (b) Parallels between Uddhava Gita and teachings of Lord Kapila
- Parallels between Uddhava Gita and Bhagavad Gita
- Lord Krishna’s teaching on Deity worship from Uddhava Gita & other references [PPT also]
- Lessons from the 24 Gurus [Document & PPT]
- Questions by Nimi & Answers by Nava Yogendras [with one page flow chart]
- Lessons on controlling lust: Pururava, Pingala and more
- Arguments on Yadus and Lord Krsna’s departure
- Traigunya Visaya veda… Establishing the actual position of the Vedas.
- Glories of Bhakti from Uddhava Gita
- Glories of Association of Devotees and Guru
- a) Difference between Conditioned soul and liberated soul, paramatma. b) Varnasrama system
Some assignments throughout the cantos
- Preparing Class notes
- Improvising overview notes
- Siddhanta: Compiling definitions, Key concepts from SB verses and purports
- Krsna’s names from SB verses
- Principles of Leadership & Administration from SP purports
Help the students go deep into one specific topic/ theme in a canto, & provide good reference materials (documents/ PPTs) for devotees in general.